Friday, August 11, 2006

What I'd Do Different

This past week a church planter asked what I would do differently. I told him we haven't launched yet, ask me Monday. But then I started to think about it and gave some of these answers.
  1. I'd pray more. Initially I had all these ideas of doing prayerwalks through the different subdivisions in our area. I thought about having different teams come in prayerwalk. I even got this DVD to train teams to go out. But did I do it, no.
  2. I'd deny my need to feel validated from the start. When I first came down here, we knew no one and I had no staff and no partners. I looked for whoever would join and "catch the vision." I came really close to hiring for two different positions and actually hired for one position and they were the wrong people! To be honest, I look back on it and I felt like having staff and as many people on my launch team validated the plant and my calling to plant. Luckily, no one was hurt by it and we are healthy and strong but it could have caused tremendous damage.
  3. I'd spend more time with the people who came to the monthly services. We met with people and had people over. But I would just do it more.

I know there are more, but without taking too much time that's what comes to my head first. Maybe it will help someone else.

In the end, my prayer has been and continues to be: "God keep your promise and build your church. Even if it is in spite of me. And thank you for allowing me to be a part of it!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home